Private Link doesn't lead to the document item(bug)

Options
prox
prox
Community Member

Hi,

Here is a little bug I've faced recently on iOS:

Steps:

• Upload a document to 1Password
  • Tap Tree dots(top right) > Copy Private Link
  • Open a browser and paste the copied link. It will open 1Password homepage but not the item itself. Expected behaviour: copied private link should lead to the item in 1Password. It works perfectly on MacOS.

For example I use private links for my to-dos or apple notes.

Best,
Olek

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @prox! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! When you paste a private link into the browser you'll see the item open on 1Password.com. You should see a pop-up message appear asking if you want to open the page in "1Password", tapping on Open will open the 1Password for iOS app.

Are you seeing different behaviour? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24708
    ref: dev/core/core#24706

• prox
    prox
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P
    I just understood the exactly broken flow. Yes I do see the pop up asking to Allow open in the 1Password.
    The issue is:

• If I already had 1Password open(loaded in a memory on iPhone) then after copy and paste the link into a browser it will ask to Allow open in 1Password but it will open the app on the last page you were before and not the document item itself.
      Good news is if I force quit 1Password on iPhone and then do the same flow with the link then it works perfectly.
  • @prox

I've seen the wrong item open in the app as well (but only intermittently) and I've filed a report with our development team so that they can investigate this further.

Thank you for reporting the issue. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24708