Face ID

Options
dperry112
dperry112
Community Member
edited February 19 in Windows

Running 1Password for Windows 8.1.24. I keep having the screen that recognizes my face disappear below open windows and get an error message that something did not work. This is a recent problem for me and I wonder if this is unique to the current 1Password version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dperry112,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry that you've been encountering and issue 1Password for Windows and Windows Hello. It sounds as though you are referring to the Windows Security prompt that is providing this error message.

1Password hands of the unlock process to Windows Hello/Windows Security and I've not seen any issues with the face option on my device.

If this is a newer issue, could you ensure that windows is up-to-date as well as any drivers for your device's camera.

Additionally, you could try removing the Windows Hello Face option from Windows Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and re-adding it to see if this helps. Thanks!

• dperry112
    dperry112
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try that. I know all updates and drivers are current.

• @dperry112

Thank you for the reply. If resetting Windows Hello doesn't work then please let us know and we can help further. You can find specific steps on how to reset Windows Hello here: Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

-Dave