UX Flow when adding or updating a password is wrong.

Options

When a site asks you to update your password, you may use 1Password to generate a unique password for you, or even come up with a unique one on your own. Here is the problem with 1Password and the ONE thing I miss from Lastpass.

1Password asks you to save or update your password BEFORE it is accepted by the site. So if the site rejects the password on the server-side after submission, you've erased the old one (which still works) and the one saved is useless. Lastpass would wait until the NEXT page to prompt you to save the password, which I feel was the proper way to do it.

I'd love to see 1Password update this in the Browser Plugin UX flow to be more user-friendly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @seanford, thank you for reaching out.

I'm happy to share that the beta version of 1Password in the browser will now offer to automatically save and update logins with an in-page prompt after you successfully sign in, sign up, or change your password. -> 1Password in the browser Beta Releases

If you’d like to help us test the new feature then you can try the beta version of 1Password in the browser -> Use 1Password beta releases. Let me know, and I'd be happy to assist you further with this.

Additionally, you mentioned:

So if the site rejects the password on the server-side after submission, you've erased the old one

1Password will keep a history of your saved passwords within the Login item. Here's how to view and restore Login items using the 1Password desktop app or on 1Password.com -> View and restore previous versions of items.

I hope that helps, @seanford. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Evon