1Password for Safari 2.21.1 (22100101) not Autofilling

Options

1Password for Safari 2.21.1 (22100101) not Autofilling as expected. I click on the 1Password icon in Safari's Toolbar, then click on Autofill and nothing happens.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.21.1 (22100101)
OS Version: macOS Sonoma
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @r8ders2k,

Can you let me know if you are experiencing this behaviour across all websites or are there one or two in particular that are problematic?

Are you also having trouble filling from the autofill menu that appears beneath the username/password fields?

Can you right click the Safari icon in your dock and choose Quit and then re-open it and let us know if the behaviour is the same?

Any details would be super useful!

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay, but it seems to be working as expected now.

• Hey @r8ders2k, no problem at all. I'm glad to hear that Autofill in Safari is now working as expected.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

-Evon

• nmdias
    nmdias
    Community Member
    edited March 3
    Options

Hi,

For me also this is not working. If safari is open when 1P was locked, I must cmd+alt+x to open and unlock. But after unlock, autofill doesn't work. I must then close safari and reopen. Only after that it will auto fill.

I don't remember having these issues with 1P7... It's also crazy that 1P8 uses 580MB of memory just to sit still in the background. 580!

I was hopeful that finally, this last update would fix, considering the release notes that auto fill will be more reliable, but no. It's really not.

I'm close to abandoning my subscription. It's coming to an end in April. At this point I don't see the benefits comparing to other providers. But we did have a few good years.. apart from this last one.

• nmdias
    nmdias
    Community Member
    Options

Also, sometimes I have the auto fill icon available, but it doesn't respond to clicks. Happened just now, again. Then I click the extension icon close to the address bar and use that one, but I must manually copy and paste the values.

• Hey @nmdias,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in the browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!