Popup error message, "Deauthorize failed" for Safari browser

Options
AbsentMindedAF
AbsentMindedAF
Community Member
edited March 1 in iOS
  1. Logged in to my 1Password account on MacBook Pro Safari browser.
  2. Updated Secret Key
  3. Logged out of 1Password
  4. Logged in to the 1Password app on my iPhone 15 Pro
  5. Navigated to Settings - Accounts - Trusted Devices and Browsers
  6. My attempt to deauthorize the Safari browser I was using thru my MacBook Pro failed
  7. At the bottom of my iPhone an error read, "Deauthorize failed"

I am using Sonoma 17.3.1 on my MacBook Pro, iOS 17.3.1 and 1Password version 8.10.26

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 17.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @AbsentMindedAF! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an error message when attempting to deauthorize a device using 1Password for iOS. This is a known issue that our developers are investigating and I've shared your report with the team so that they're aware that you're affected.

While I'm not able to provide an ETA on when this will be resolved, keep 1Password updated so that you receive the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

For the time being, you can deauthorize devices using the desktop app or 1Password.com. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28172

• Dave_1P
    Options

@AbsentMindedAF

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where deauthorizing a device would fail when using 1Password for iOS. Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.30:

Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you still see the issue with version 8.10.30 then let me know and I'll be here to help. 🙂

-Dave