Please add support for omdb.org (Open Media Database)

Options
Kyrast
Kyrast
Community Member
edited February 22 in 1Password in the Browser

As stated in the title.

Site tldr: imdb wikipedia
Long ver: omdb (open media database) is a free database for film media. There is no set editorial staff, but rather a large number of movie addicts and lovers who volunteer their time to provide material and develop the site... omdb is a non-commercial project. All the contents of the site are published under the Creative Commons License. The databank is therefore represents a contribution to free knowledge on the Internet.

The Problem:

1Password doesn't recognize/fill the fields properly.
For example 1P offers to fill the Name, and login field which does not allow email addresses There is a separate proper email field.
It does not offer to autofill with the identities saved in 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Kyrast, thank you for reaching out.

I've done some testing on my end and have been able to recreate the same behaviour when trying to register for a new account. The "Login Name" and "Real Name" fields are being recognized as email fields from an Identity item.

I've created an issue for our development to look further into this and determine if we can make any improvements to 1Password for this specific website.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#28139

• Kyrast
    Kyrast
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @EvonG1P,

I encounter this kind of edge case from time to time. I would gladly continue to post about it when it happens again.

If this isn't the best place to do that please let me know.

Thanks

• Hey @Kyrast, no problem at all, you can absolutely post about it here. If it happens to be an internal website that we cannot access, then we would recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com.

Thank you for submitting this! 🙂

-Evon