PNC PINACLE PASS and PINACLE Web

Options
ihaveissues
ihaveissues
Community Member
edited February 23 in iOS

I'm unable to add the PINACLE app to 1PW to enable me to fill my password from 1PW. This is a corporate treasury management solution from PNC.

I have added URLs to 1PW already for pnc.com and pncbank.com. When I search within the 1Password app under the Passwords option from within the PINACLE app, no site is detected. I then manually search for PINACLE, get a match and when I click on it I end up back in the PINACLE app. I never get the chance to manually select the password to manually copy/paste it into the PINACLE app. This is a huge headache and forces me to use the Apple Keychain again.

1Password Version: ios 8.10.26 81026039
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 17.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ihaveissues! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble using 1Password to sign into the Pinacle app. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Are you able to use Keychain to fill into the app? Or do you have to copy and paste your password from Keychain into the app?
    2. When you search for your login for Pinacle and then tap on it does anything get filled into the app? For example, perhaps the username is filled but the password isn't? Or are no fields filled?
    3. Does the app have just a username and password field? Or does it have other fields that you need to fill in order to sign in?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• ihaveissues
    ihaveissues
    Community Member
    Options

I have a screen recording of the action between the keychain and 1password and Pinacle if it's helpful, but I'm not posting that in a public forum.

1) No, I cannot use icloud keychain to fill it either and it seems to resist a manual paste too.

2) Nothing gets filled and the only field in the Pinacle app that triggers the Passwords menu is the password field.

3) Fields presented on app login: company ID, operator ID, Password, and Token Passcode

Please let me know if you have a secure way for me to share the screen recording if you would like it.

Thanks,
    Adam

• @ihaveissues

Thank you for the reply. Both 1Password and iCloud Keychain both use iOS AutoFill to detect and fill usernames/passwords into apps on the iPhone and iPad. If filling into an app isn't working for both Keychain and 1Password then it sounds like the app isn't working properly with iOS AutoFill.

That being said, a screen recording may reveal more. I can send you a secure upload link to share the screen recording privately with our support team, please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and send you the secure upload link.

-Dave

• ihaveissues
    ihaveissues
    Community Member
    Options

QAL-47475-996

• @ihaveissues

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've just replied to your email, let's continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: QAL-47475-996

This discussion has been closed.