Still seeing vaults when using a collection

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Archiving an entire vault.

Comments

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

I used that, but I switch vaults often as I manage other family members' accounts. So I'd have to see the vault with my ex's name when I switch. Her passwords are also insecure and I'm guessing when they're not archived, they reduce my Watchtower score.

• @CorgiBike

Thanks for the reply. If you're referring to the desktop app then you'll only see the vaults in your created collections, not vaults that aren't part of your collections. And, when viewing a specific collection, your Watchtower score is calculated based on items in the vaults that are part of the current collection. Other vaults are not included in the score.

If you're not referring to the desktop app then please let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

So I'm not seeing the items in the vault that's not in the collection, but I am seeing the vault itself on the left sidebar. I don't want to see that vault there. Are you saying I shouldn't see it there?

Good to know about the Watchtower score, thanks.

• @CorgiBike

I've split our conversation into a new thread so that we avoid pinging the original poster of the original thread with each reply.

So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. What type of device are you using? Mac, Windows, etc...
    2. Are you seeing the vault in the sidebar in the desktop app or in the browser extension?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

My mistake. I thought that [My Name]'s Family was one of my collections (in 1Password for Mac 8.10.28 (81028011)). I'd prefer that was called All Vaults. Since this person is no longer part of my family, that triggers me. I've created a reminder Collection that "Family is All Vaults" ;)

Getting a reply from the founder is rare. Thanks for the service!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@CorgiBike

Thanks for the reply and kind words. However I'm not Dave the founder, just another friendly Dave who also works at 1Password. 😊

I thought that [My Name]'s Family was one of my collections (in 1Password for Mac 8.10.28 (81028011)). I'd prefer that was called All Vaults.

I'm sorry for the confusion. That option isn't called "All Vaults" because it will only show the vaults in that account. Lots of users have multiple accounts so they would see them both listed there. If you're a family organizer then you can change the family name:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Click Settings in the sidebar.
    3. Change the name.
    4. Click Save Settings.

-Dave

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

Oops, thanks for clarifying. Still excellent service.

Thanks for the explanation. My mum is in my Family Sharing, but she has gotten confused since switching from 1Password 7 to the web app, so she doesn't create new items. I handle that for her by having all her items in a shared vault under my account. Would there be any advantage to logging into her account instead?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@CorgiBike

I keep some of my parent's logins in a shared vault and help them in a similar way as well. There's nothing wrong with that system if it works for you and your mom.

The only downside is that it sounds like she wouldn't be able to save logins to her Private vault if she didn't want to keep them in the shared vault. You mentioned that she was using the web app, has she tried the 1Password 8 desktop app? The desktop app is the best way to use 1Password to edit and manage items: Get the 1Password apps

If she has tried 1Password 8 then are there any specific things that she's confused about? If she's interested, we have a free course that serves as an introduction to 1Password 8 here (if she's using a Mac): 1Password University

If she's using a different device then let me know.

-Dave

• CorgiBike
    CorgiBike
    Community Member
    Options

In order of use, it's an iPhone > iPad >> Mac. It was mostly just the change. Any UI change at all is very difficult for her, and immediately turns her off using an app or site anymore. I would add private things like her vaccination records, but she never could adapt to using it for anything besides passwors. She prefers to print everything and keep a hard copy.

Thanks for the help!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@CorgiBike

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. I would definitely recommend the 1Password.University course that I mentioned in my previous reply. It's a good introduction to 1Password 8 on the Mac.

Beyond that, if your mom does run into any issues then we have an amazing support team that would be happy to work through any issues that she runs into. She can send an email to support@1Password.com and one of my friendly colleagues will reply as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave