Is “open & fill” broken in 1Password 8?

Options
theJingster
theJingster
Community Member
edited February 26 in 1Password in the Browser

In 1Password 7 in the browser (let’s use Safari in this example), I could open the browser extension using ⌘ + \ and type to find a login. I could then hit Return to open the page and fill the credentials.

This is super useful so I don’t have to already be on the website I want to log in to.

With 1Password 8 and the 1Password for Safari extension app, this is entirely broken.

When I use ⌘ + \, it brings up Quick Access (because I have multiple accounts), and I can type to search but hitting Return on a result tries to autofill into the current website (the wrong website without any login fields available!).

If it knows what website I’m on, it should also know it’s the wrong one and default to open & fill instead of autofill.

I know I can click the kebab or hit right arrow and then ⌥ + Return but that’s so much worse than just hitting Return (especially after years of muscle memory)

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: 14.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey there @theJingster, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Universal Autofill.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• theJingster
    theJingster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Evon. Here’s my ticket ID IUH-85651-292

• Hey @theJingster, I've located your support ticket and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible about this issue. Let's continue the conversation there, I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

-Evon

ref: IUH-85651-292

This discussion has been closed.