1Password works fine on my iMac but i simply can't open it on my iPad

Options
the1jeep
the1jeep
Community Member
edited February 26 in iOS

As the title says i have no problems opening 1P on my iMac, it pretty much does what its been trained to do. When i try to open it on my iPad every entry of my password returns a failed message. I have typed it with the pop up keyboard on my iPad, with an external bluetooth keyboard, by typing it in a notepad app the copy/paste. Nothing works.

Any help is much appreciated.

...john...

1Password Version: can't tell
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 14
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Hello @the1jeep! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble signing into 1Password on your iPad. Is this the first time that you're trying to add your 1Password account to your iPad? Or have you been using 1Password on your iPad for some time without issue? So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser on your iPad, not the app)?
    2. Is the 1Password app on your iPad called "1Password" or "1Password 7"?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• the1jeep
    the1jeep
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the quick response, Dave!

This is not the first time using the app on my iPad and for a long time it worked fine. I am not sure when it stopped working but when it did, in frustration, i just found a work-around - i.e. looking the info up on either my iMac or my iPhone and manually entering it.

So, in answer to your questions:

1. i am able to sign into my account on 1Password.com,
    2. the 1Password app on my iPad is called 1Password7.

Thanks again for your generous help.

...john...

• @the1jeep

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you're using an older version of the 1Password app that is no longer supported. I recommend that you install 1Password 8 which is our modern app for the iPhone and iPad:

Since you have a 1Password account, the upgrade is available at no additional cost. Let me know if you're unable to add your account to 1Password 8 for iOS and I can help further.

-Dave

• the1jeep
    the1jeep
    Community Member
    Options

Worked like a charm, thanks so much, Dave!!

...john...

• I'm happy that 1Password 8 is working well on your iPad. 😊

-Dave