Chrome Extension Keeps Asking for Password

Options
wolfman5
wolfman5
Community Member
edited February 25 in 1Password in the Browser

Pretty straightforward. No matter how many times I type my password into the Chrome extension, the extension asks for it yet again the next time.

M3 MacBook Pro, Chrome version 122.0.6261.69, 1Password v8.10.26, extension version 2.20.0

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Sonoma 14.2.1
Browser: Chrome 122.0.6261.69

Comments

• Hello @wolfman5, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the 1Password extension.

Based on what you shared, it sounds like the 1Password extension in Chrome is having troubling connecting to the 1Password desktop app since it's asking you to enter your account password into the 1Password extension. Unless you use the 1Password extension with app integration turned off.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

1. First, please recreate the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser.
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report.
    4. Attach both files in your email.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon