Getting "Deauthorize failed" when trying to deauthorize a device

Options
cheshirecat
cheshirecat
Community Member

In the iOS 1Password app under Trusted Devices and Browsers, when trying to deauthorize a device, I get the error "Deauthorize failed". This functionality was working just weeks ago, so I believe a recent update must be causing it. I am able to deauthorize devices in the Windows 1Password app though, just getting this error on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 1
    Options

Hello @cheshirecat! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an error message when attempting to deauthorize a device using 1Password for iOS. I've reproduced the same issue on my end and have filed an internal work item for our developers to investigate this further.

While I'm not able to provide an ETA on when this will be resolved, keep 1Password updated so that you receive the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

For the time being, you can deauthorize devices using the desktop app (as you mentioned doing) or 1Password.com. Thank you for reporting the issue.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28172

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cheshirecat

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for an issue where deauthorizing a device would fail when using 1Password for iOS. Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.30:

Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you still see the issue with version 8.10.30 then let me know and I'll be here to help. 🙂

-Dave