Auto-fill Not Prompting with Username

Options
jbhardman
jbhardman
Community Member
edited February 25 in 1Password in the Browser

I have seen a few sites where 1Password is not showing my username to auto fill into the username field. Instead, it is showing the option to auto fill my email from my identity, like when I am filling out a form with my name and address information.

How do I get it to recognize this is a login form and to enter the username for that site? When I manually type my username, the next page which is the password field is properly recognized and offered from 1Password.

Happens on both Firefox and Chrome.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20
OS Version: Linux
Browser: Firefox and Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jbhardman, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into with the 1Password extension suggesting to autofill your Identity item in the username field.

Depending on the website and the page structure, that field might be labeled in a way where 1Password is detecting registration clues in the field instead of a login.

Are you able to autofill your credentials from the 1Password browser extension pop-over instead?

1. Navigate to the website.
    2. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. If your Login item is suggested, select it and click "Autofill".

If this is a public website, can you please share the URL so we can take a closer look?

If it's a private internal website, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you.

With your email please include:

1. Navigate to the page exhibiting the behaviour.
    2. Right-click the problematic field and select 1Password > Help > Collect Page Structure.
    3. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    4. Attach the file in your email.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

-Evon