Feature request: visual indication when one account is signed out

Options

I have a personal 1Password account and am on a team account for work. The ability to be signed into multiple accounts is great. But I do have one issue:

When my access expires for an account and I need to re-enter that account's password, there's no visual indication that this is why I no longer have access to the passwords for that account. When I click on a password field on a site that I use for work, I just get the standard "No items to show" message that I would see if I were on a site for which I had no accounts.

This was extremely confusing the first time, and even though I now understand why it sometimes appears that I don't have access to my passwords, it would still be helpful, when one or more accounts are logged out, for there to be some kind of message that shows up in the pop-ups and/or in the extension's menu. It could say, for instance, "You may have associated items in [name of account]."

1Password Version: 8.10.24
Extension Version: 2.20.2
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @batmanaod! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! You can unlock all accounts at the same time by using the same account password for each account, we have a guide here: How to use multiple accounts

The reason why 1Password requires that you unlock each account separately is because each account is encrypted using it's own secret: your account password. If you're using different account passwords for different accounts, or different authentication providers, then you'll need to provide each secret separately. When biometrics are available, the secrets for all accounts can be accessed at once from the Secure Enclave which allows you to unlock all accounts at once.

That being said, I agree that 1Password can do a better job letting folks know that some accounts are still locked and I've passed along your feedback to our product and development teams.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#12642
    ref: PB-38426667