Edge Chromium - Split Screen - extension doesn't fill right tab

Options
jma
jma
Community Member
edited February 27 in 1Password in the Browser

This is a very niche problem but something I stumbled across today. I occasionally use the Edge Split Screen feature to split my browser tabs, very useful when comparing say a UAT and production interface. Today I noticed that if I need to sign in to something, the tab on the right side won't be filled from the suggestions, it'll display fine but won't fill it.
If I swap the tabs over, it'll fill.

As I say, this is barely an issue but something I noticed and thought I'd post here in case it's of interest and someone wanted to fix it. Hopefully it makes sense!

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2. 22635.3209
Browser: Edge 122.0.2365.52

Comments

• Hey @jma,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know, I'm sorry for the disruption to your workflow.

It looks like our development team are aware of this behaviour so hopefully we can implement a fix in a future update. I have added you as an affected user to the internal issue, let us know if there is anything we can help with in the meantime!

ref: dev/core/core#20176

• darrenvb
    darrenvb
    Community Member
    Options

I've come to use Edge's split screen functionality quite a bit, so the impact on my workflow is steadily increasing. I would love to see support in a more near-term update.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@darrenvb

Improving how 1Password functions when using Microsoft Edge in split screen is in our developer's list of issues to address. I've let them know that you're eager to see a fix, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave