How to delete a passkey from a vault item?

JonathanFisher
JonathanFisher
Community Member

On the site https://support.1password.com/save-use-passkeys/, it says I can delete a passkey from a vault item by doing the following: "Click or tap the red circle beside the passkey field, then click or tap Save".

In my vault, I see the passkey icon but I don't have the option to delete the passkey. When I edit the item, it still doesn't show up. How am I able to delete the passkey?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @JonathanFisher! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! Are you using 1Password.com by any chance? If you are then you'll need to use the desktop app to delete a saved passkey. You can install the desktop app from our website:

If you're already using the desktop app then, to help me better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Please make sure that the screenshot doesn't contain any sensitive information.

-Dave

• JonathanFisher
    JonathanFisher
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P,
    Yes, I'm using 1Password.com. Sounds like the desktop app has the feature but the web version doesn't. Thanks for investigating it! Any plans on adding that feature to the web version?
    Thanks!
    Jon

• @JonathanFisher

Thanks for the reply. The team is working to bring more consistency to the experience of using 1Password on various platforms, including the desktop app and web browser. If you'd like to see a preview of that work then you can read more here: Experiment #4 – New interface in 1Password.com’s vault view — 1Password Community

For the time being, you'll need to use the desktop app to remove passkeys from items. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dave

• JonathanFisher
    JonathanFisher
    Community Member

I used the desktop app to delete the passkey and it worked just like the article said. Thanks for pointing that out and I look forward to the work on the web version.
    Thanks!
    Jon

• I'm happy that the 1Password for Windows desktop app allowed you to accomplish your goal. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.