Cannot locate Edit button in 1Password for Windows

This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing an item in 1P/iOS won’t initiate editing.

Comments

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

In Window 11 there is no visible edit button. Am I missing something.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 28

@KWMSupport

Thank you for reaching out, are you having trouble editing an item on your Windows PC? The issue being discussed in this thread is specifically on the iPad.

Do you see an edit button after you click on an item in the 1Password for Windows app:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

The edit link is obvious on the Windows 11 version but when I change to the "early access version", there is no edit link. See screen shots. Thank you for the quick response.

THIS IS THE LEGACY VERSION on Windows 11 (that has the Edit Link)

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

Dave, does text from WordPad work as well as Markdown? I've not used this app previously.

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

Yep, I see that it works.

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

Dave, thank you again for engaging and assisting.

• On behalf of Dave, you're most welcome, @KWMSupport!

I notice in your screenshots that you're accessing the early-access view of the 1Password.com web portal. This is a just a preview of the upcoming version of the web portal and is read-only by design. Once the final version is released, the new 1Password.com design will be functional and include the ability to edit items.

For the best item management experience I recommend using the 1Password for Windows desktop app which you can download and install using the following link:

Additionally, I should mention that I've split your comments into this new thread since the topic was related to Windows rather than iOS, so we can continue our conversation here.

-David

• KWMSupport
    KWMSupport
    Community Member

Thank you, I will try it.

• If you run into any issues let us know, we're here to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.