Unable to sign in to Sony using a passkey on Android

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Signing into Sony using a passkey only shows a QR code.

Comments

• tbird5000
    tbird5000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi- having a similar issue.

On MacOS 14.3.1 created a passkey for Sony Playstation Network via Safari browser and 1Password extension. Passkey successfully saved to my 1Password account and I can see it synced across devices (can also log into the Playstation Network via passkey using same Safari and 1Password browser extension).

However when I try to log into the Playstation Network mobile app on Android 14 (Pixel 4a 5G), I get the prompt to 'sign in via passkey', but once I tap I simply get a 'Sign in another way- view options' prompt (which itself leads to 'Use another device' and a QR code).

Admittedly this might be working as intended, but I thought if the passkey is created and synced in 1Password, it is accessible crossplatform and not tied to a single device. Is it not possible to use a passkey created on MacOS but synced in 1Password on native apps in Android?

• tbird5000
    tbird5000
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm having a similar issue (also posted about it here).

Started on MacOS in Safari with 1Pass browser extension- successfully created the passkey and can sign in there. However when trying to use the Android PSN app and sign in, I get the 'sign in via passkey prompts' but there doesn't appear to be any way to provide the passkey from 1Password to the PSN app. Just a lot of 'use another device' and QR code prompts.

Maybe it's working as intended, but I thought a passkey created one device/OS would be usable on others?