Continuing Impressions About 1Password

Options
Jovonne
Jovonne
Community Member

This is just feedback. No assistance is required.

I have been a 1Password customer for several months now, and I remain impressed with 1Password's ongoing innovation and timely improvements. The continuous addition of new features in lockstep with the most recent security advances, such as support for passkeys, timed one-time passwords, etc. are precisely the type of responsiveness that keeps me onboard.

Additionally, 1Password's universal support for all platforms is what makes it a truly superior product. Security software is only effective if it can cover all the devices that the customer uses; otherwise, there is an unprotected vector to exploit. Most vendors expect the customer to adjust his or her practices to suit the vendor's needs. In contrast, 1Password does the opposite and adjusts for its customers.

I can't say enough how pleased I am with this approach, and especially in regard to 1Password's support of the Linux platform and the Firefox browser. I use Linux extensively, and finding a vendor like 1Password who provides a Linux experience that is equally as full-featured as its Windows and Apple counterparts is quite rare and very refreshing. I don't use any Apple products, but I use Linux, Android, and Windows in varying degrees and the 1Password experience is identical on all three platforms, which is how it should be.

It's truly a remarkable product, and along with the continuous innovations and technological updates, is the reason I expect to remain a customer for a long time.

Best regards.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.20.02
OS Version: Linux Lite 6.6 (Ubuntu 22.04)
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Jovonne

Thank you for those very kind words. I've shared them internally with the rest of the team. Careful, the next thing you know, 16+ years will have gone by. I came into the community much as you did and never left. Haha. In all seriousness, we're glad to have you with us, and we hope we'll always deserve your admiration. If not, let us know. We listen to it all, even critical feedback. Don't get me wrong, we love the good feedback the most. It's almost as good as chocolate chip cookies. ;)

• Jovonne
    Jovonne
    Community Member
    Options

LOL! Don't I know it! I'm still trying to find out where the last 20 years went!

I understand your point about the critical feedback as well, but I try to go out of my way to give credit where credit is due. In most cases, you likely only hear from customers when there is a problem. As with any organization, it's easy to lose perspective on the much greater number of successes when the bulk of your contact is regarding problems. I've been in the trenches myself, and that's why I try to give praise whenever it's truly deserved.

And in all honesty, I literally have no critical feedback. The product just works... splendidly!

I'm glad I discovered this forum. It looks like a wealth of information. I'll be sure to check in from time to time.

Best regards.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Jovonne

I'm happy that you're with us and that you're finding 1Password to be a useful part of your workflow. Welcome to the community! 🙂

-Dave