1Password for Safari isn't working correctly

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Safari isn't working reliably on macOS Sonoma.

Comments

• jdhallows
    jdhallows
    Community Member
    Options

Any movement/updates on this? Same issue here as well, seems to be getting worse. The extension is almost completely unusable on Safari at this point.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jdhallows! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into issues when using 1Password for Safari. I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can focus specifically on the issues that you're seeing on your Mac and find a solution.

Can you share details of the problem you’re experiencing? Any information you can provide, such as an error message and steps to reproduce the issue, will help me understand what’s going on and work on a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jdhallows
    jdhallows
    Community Member
    Options

Currently running Sonoma, 14.3.1. I use Safari with different profiles. When I start a fresh session of Safari, the extension works as expected for an hour or so, then just....quits working. When I click on the 1Password icon in a username/password field, nothing happens. If I click on the extension in the top on the browser, search for the credentials I'm looking for, and click on them, nothing happens. A few other behaviors/messages, I'll add screenshots as they appear over the next day or so. These issues don't happen in Chrome or Firefox. If I restart Safari, things work again as expected for a bit, but then the issues start up again.

Thanks for looking into it. Again, I'll post screenshots of the issues as they happen.

• jdhallows
    jdhallows
    Community Member
    Options

• jdhallows
    jdhallows
    Community Member
    Options

Clicked on reload, it reloads and shows the credentials, but when you click on it, nothing happens. The fields don't fill. Once I close out of safari and go back in, works perfectly.

I do have screen recordings, but it won't let me upload them here.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jdhallows

Thank you for the reply. The next time that the issue occurs, before you restart Safari, can you generate a console log so that I can investigate this further:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Once I receive your email I can send you a secure share link for you to upload the screen recording that you mentioned.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jdhallows
    jdhallows
    Community Member
    Options

VNL-22981-963

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jdhallows

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply, please continue the conversation with them over email.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: VNL-22981-963

This discussion has been closed.