1Password isn't suggesting logins in Chrome or Brave on Android

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Android Chrome won't use 1Password, only Google Password Manager.

Comments

• y3p12o32z
    y3p12o32z
    Community Member
    Options

This continues to be a problem for me. 1password is not triggered for passwords in Chrome or Brave on Android. I have the password manager turned off, payment off, address off. Nothing triggers. However, sometimes with a refresh the 1password options show up. But not all the time. I don't know how to get it to consistently show.

On the other hand, 1password does show in Firefox.

Getting 1password to trigger in Opera is also problematic.

Can't we just have the 1password keyboard back as a workaround?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @y3p12o32z! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using Autofill in Chrome and Brave on your Android device. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Which version of 1Password and Android are you using? What kind of Android device do you have?
    2. Did Autofill with 1Password 8 work consistently before on your device or has it never worked?
    3. Do you see suggestions from the built-in password manager from Chrome or Brave? Or no suggestions at all?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• y3p12o32z
    y3p12o32z
    Community Member
    Options
    1. 1Password 8.10.6, Galaxy S3, Android 14
    2. 1Password 8 has never worked consistently. Sometimes it shows suggestions, sometimes it doesn't. For the same site sometimes it will show the first time. Sometimes it requires clicking back and forth between the username and password fields to trigger it. Sometimes it requires reloading the page (rightmost refresh icon after tapping the kebab icon). Example pages would be this community site, Reddit, etc.
    3. There are no suggestions from chrome or brave. I have disabled the built in password. However chrome does show a bar on top of the keyboard with a key, wallet and location icon on the right side. When 1 password successfully triggers, that bar moves up a little and the 1 password suggestions show under it