Why isn't there a bug report category in discussions

Options
pearish
pearish
Community Member

I'm used to seeing both bug report and feature request items in many other community forums, and have found them to be exceedingly useful. Is there a reason why those are not included in this community? As several other people have mentioned in their posts in this community, it is a royal PITA trying to figure out how to report bugs, or suggest new features.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@pearish

Describe the bug/Feature Request in the respective category, if it needs moving we'll move it. e.g. If you use the Mac client and that's where the issue is post there. Windows in Windows and so on. If it's more general as in something to do with the membership post in memberships.

• pearish
    pearish
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the rapid response!

1. At least have a clear, "pinned", description of how to report a bug, that is easy to find for the community. When I searched for "Bug Report", I only found other people like myself trying to figure out how to report bugs.
    2. In the above description, please indicate a common way to mark the "discussion" as a bug report. In my case, I used "Bug Report:" in the title because that is what I saw most people used when I searched. I have no idea how many bug reports I didn't find.

Making the above changes would at least allow me to search for similar matches to my "bug", let me know its status, perhaps add additional context, and likely avoid creating a duplicate. Hopefully, this would make your life easier too.

Ideally, if only you could add a "What do you want to discuss?" drop-down ("Ask a question", "Bug Report", "Feature Request"), to the form used for creating a new "Discussion", you would make your community so much clearer and easier to use. Unfortunately, I suspect making this kind of change will be like the "square peg in a round hole", as far as the software was designed.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@pearish

Thanks you for the feedback, I'll pass it along to the team. For the time being, as Tommy mentioned, you can report a bug by clicking on the "New Discussion button in the appropriate category. For example, if you're seeing an issue in the 1Password for Mac app then click New Discussion in the Mac category.

There's no need to add "Bug Report", just describe the behaviour that you're seeing in both the title and content of your post.

If you do submit a thread with an issue that is already being discussed in another thread then a 1Password team member will make sure to merge your comment into the appropriate thread. 🙂

-Dave