My iOS 1P icon disappeared when I was editing my Home screen

Options
NdnaJnz
NdnaJnz
Community Member

I am still on 1P 7 (latest) and iOS 16.7.5.

Yikes! I was editing my iPhone Home screen, moving a couple folders around. The 1Password app was in my "Utilities" folder and I wanted to move it out so it stood on its own, since I access it so often. So, I was in Home Screen edit mode with all the app icons and folders dancing, I tapped the Utilities folder, it opens up to show the apps inside, I start dragging out the 1P icon and Poof! I don't know what the heck happened, but I started looking to see where the 1P icon ended up on the Home screen and it wasn't there.

I open Search and type 1Pass and it doesn't find it. Grrreat. I go to the App Library screen and Search fo 1P but it's not there.

I don't understand how this can even happen. Why is it possible? So, I thought maybe it accidentally got renamed? So I carefully look through all 6 screens of apps and the 1P icon is nowhere to be found. But, it still shows up in Settings.

How do I get it back? (Or how do I find it if it's hiding somewhere?)

1Password Version: 7.x.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.7.5
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 5
    Options

Hello @NdnaJnz! 👋

It sounds like you removed the 1Password app from your iPhone's home screen but didn't completely uninstall the app from your iPhone. Can you check the App Library on your iPhone one more time:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

To move 1Password from the App Library back to your home screen you'll need to go to the App Library, search for 1Password, and then hold and drag the app to your home screen.

You said that you were using version 7 of 1Password for iOS which is an old version that is no longer supported. You can install 1Password 8, the latest version, using this link: ‎1Password: Password Manager on the App Store

-Dave

• NdnaJnz
    NdnaJnz
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave – Thanks for the quick reply.

As I mentioned, I had already searched for 1P in the App Library after my iPhone went Poof and 1P somehow disappeared. It was not found in the search.

This morning, I opened my iPhone, and I just happen to see the 1Password logo in screen 2. So I dragged it to the Home screen, and it seems ALL IS WELL NOW.

Have a good one.
    Jeff
    –––––––

• Dave_1P
    Options

@NdnaJnz

I'm happy that the app icon is back and that everything is working well again. 🙂

-Dave