To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Poor Communication Feedback - Unconfirmed users on your account

Options
b3nw
b3nw
Community Member

Why are you sending the email "Unconfirmed users on your account" to every one of my users? I now get to detail with questions about something they have no reason to know about.

Why are you sending this email to me when I have no unconfirmed users?

Why are you wasting your customers time??

This communication is poorly done, doesn't seem well thought out, and leads me to wonder what other poorly thought out decisions are happening behind the scene. Just frustrating.

Look here's your users confusing this message with phishing: https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/1apz2w2/is_this_real_or_a_phishing_attempt/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• LeVeL5
    LeVeL5
    Community Member
    edited March 6
    Options

I have the same question. I've received the warning a couple times now and every time I've double and triple-checked and have no unconfirmed users... but receiving the email is making me doubt myself and become anxious.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 7
    Options

@LeVeL5

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address, so we can continue the conversation there? We cannot assist with such questions here in the community. It may have just been a message to allow you to remain informed.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@b3nw

support@1password.com can always be used to confirm such messaging if you have reason to believe an email may be suspect. We welcome you to email us at any time. That would allow you to confirm without a doubt that the message is legit. As to who received the email.

• b3nw
    b3nw
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy you're missing the point of my post. My concern is not that its phishing.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Your last comment was to reference another community regarding phishing. I understand your points and I have shared them internally for the staffs review.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I also received it a couple of times, while 1Password could have easily checked that there are no unconfirmed users in my Family account.

And while I know about the marketing link (1password.co) I think it's very bad practice that 1Password uses this URL when communicating with customers.

PS: If this domain is indeed used for tracking, why do I get the mail more than once?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@b3nw

Woot, the team is up and moving this morning! They would like to say thank you for sharing your concern. They had several others express the same concern with the emails, and they are looking to make this better in the future. Apologies for the trouble you've had from the onset.