password autofill on toggl.com login page doesn't work

Options

When autofilling the password field on the toggl.com login page, it inserts what look to be double the number of characters (i.e. dots) and the login fails.
Manually copying from 1password into the field works.

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1
Browser: Chrome 122.0.6261.94

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @clenahan! 👋

I'm sorry that Autofill isn't working properly for you on toggl.com. Just to clarify, are you using this specific page to login: https://accounts.toggl.com/track/login/

I've created a fake login and saved "test" as the password and it appears to fill correctly:

When you arrive at the page do you click on the suggestion from 1Password to fill the login (see below for what that looks like) or do you press Command-Backslash on your keyboard?

-Dave

• clenahan
    clenahan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that is the url. i click on the 1password dropdown which fills in the user name correctly , but the password field is filled in with what looks like 2x the correct number of chars.

When i open the 1password app and copy that password and paste it, is the correct number of dots.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@clenahan

Thank you for the reply. As a troubleshooting step, could you save a new Login item for toggl.com using the 1Password for Mac app:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click + New Item.
    3. Click Login.
    4. Type in your username, address, and the website URL. Give the item the title of "Toggle Test Item".
    5. Save the item.

Then open your browser and fill the new item, not the old one. Do you see the same behaviour?

-Dave

• clenahan
    clenahan
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P creating a new login item works by copying from the password from the old item and pasting in the new item.

One oddity is that the password strength icon for the "problematic" item says "fair" , but the same password in the new item is "excellent".

• Dave_1P
    Options

@clenahan

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like something was off about the original item and I suggest deleting it and using the new item moving forward once you've verified that the new item has all of the information that you need to keep.

One oddity is that the password strength icon for the "problematic" item says "fair" , but the same password in the new item is "excellent".

That's interesting. I would expect that, after pasting the original password into the new item, that the new item would have a poorer score than the original item. Was the password originally generated by 1Password?

-Dave

• clenahan
    clenahan
    Community Member
    Options

That's interesting. I would expect that, after pasting the original password into the new item, that the new item would have a poorer score than the original item. Was the password originally generated by 1Password?

Yes

• Dave_1P
    edited April 9
    Options

@clenahan

That does seem to suggest that something odd was happening with the old item. If you'd like I can request some more data/files from your end to try to investigate further but if you're not interested in further troubleshooting then I recommend that you just use the new Login item moving forward.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave