MrC-Converter-Suite Custom Categories [Solved]

Options
APABS
APABS
Community Member
edited March 28 in Lounge

Hi MrC, I'm running The Business version of 1Password and I need to export a large number of records into a 1Password custom category to keep track of computer names, passwords, and other data in a secure fashion. I've created a custom category named Computer with the relevant fields and created a CSV with matching column names. I've attempted to customise the mrc-converter-suite by editing the csv.pm and pux.pm files to reflect the custom category definition, but it doesn't work. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Are you able to point me in the right direction. Huge thanks for any help you can provide.

1Password Version: 8.10.28-16.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@APABS

I have a couple of questions...

1. The source of your data is a CSV file that you constructed, or was it from some other password manager?
    2. Are you trying to use the 1Password for Business Custom Templates beta feature
  • APABS
    APABS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Many thanks for the rapid response!
    1. I constructed the CSV myself from an export from another system (not a password manager)
    2. Yes, that's correct, I'm using the Business Custom Templates Beta feature.
    The CSV columns match the custom template fields, and I've attempted to adjust the .PM files in the converter to match. Happy to share both if it helps.
    Kind regards,
    Andy

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@APABS

The 1PUX generator only knows about stock 1Password 8 categories; it knows nothing about user-created custom templates.

I don't have a test business account, and so have never looked into what's necessary to handle custom templates.

In order to get any CSV columns mapped to a new custom template category, definitions would have to be added to some tables inside MCS/Generators/PUX.pm and possibly MCS/PUX.pm.

These definitions are created via a tool I wrote, which takes as input, a 1PUX export that contains a set of data constructed for the purpose of auto-generating the various categories, fields, internal field key names, field attributes, field section names, and data types.

I can certainly help you understand the various tables used, and the requirements to update them, based on your needs and how you've constructed the custom templates.

If you can, share the JSON export of a single dummy record for one of the custom templates, that might reduce our back and forth here... I'm guessing we're in significantly different time zones.

• APABS
    APABS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,
    That is very kind of you, really appreciate your assistance. The converter tool is great! I thought I had found those PUX.pm tables and set them up correctly, but I've obviously done something wrong. I'll happily share a JSON export with you (and a test CSV file). Should I post those here, or via PM?
    Thanks again, Andy.
    PS. I'm in UTC timezone.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@APABS

You can send them to me via email, if that's OK. My email address is in each file (look at the top of convert.pl, for example).

I don't know how well PM will work. I'll send you one, if you want to try.

Be sure there is no confidential information in any of the files.

Please note that I have no way to test any of this, since I don't have a business account, so have no access to the custom template system. Any suggestions I provide would be based on speculation as to how I think the system is implemented.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just to close on this thread, @APABS and I worked offline to support importation of custom templates.