Offline Documents for Emergency Procedures

Options

Dear all,

we are thinking about making 1pw our default storage for emergency procedures.
since docs are only cached offline when you have once downloaded them i want to have a feature where i either can hint the client to cache it always (on document basis) or that i as a user can turn on doc sync for all docs.

can we get this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @christopher981474

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your idea with us! We greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions as they help us improve 1Password.

Regarding your suggestion, could you share more details about your plan to use 1Password as a storage space for your Emergency Procedures? I would love to learn more about the types of files you’re planning to store so that I can pass this use case along to our Product team.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

-Zaid

• christopher981474
    christopher981474
    Community Member
    Options

hi,

so basically it is all PDF, Word, Excel and the like.
    so just basics in documentation.

List of phone numbers, restart procedures, recovery procedures, Backup procedures,......

c

• Dave_1P
    Options

@christopher981474

Thank you for those details. Have you considered transferring the information in those documents to a Secure Note? Secure Notes will always be available offline when using the 1Password app: Use 1Password's Secure Notes to Store Everything you Need to Remember

It's what I do with the various bits of information that I need to keep available for both myself and others in the event of an emergency.

That being said, I can understand that certain documents (such as Excel files) can't easily be translated to a Secure Note and I can understand the need to have them be always available, even if offline when you haven't yet previewed the document on that device. While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request on your behalf.

-Dave

ref: PB-38596184