Option to prevent 1Password from submitting password immediately once autofilled?

Options

Related to a previous post I made, I have an OPNsense firewall router VM at home. I've noticed recently that when I go to have 1Password populate my credentials, it fills them in, then it submits them.

Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but OPNsense requires the OTP prefixed or suffixed to the password prior to submission. In the absence of 1Password being able to do this itself, I used to autofill, then before submitting, I'd copy the OTP code, then paste it in manually, and submit.

When I went to connect to OPNsense today, I noticed that it immediately submitted upon filling. To get around this, I had to manually enter my username, then copy and paste my password, then copy and paste the OTP.

Perhaps it's because 1Password X plugin thinks it'll be presented with a form for the OTP after submitting the username and password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.21.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 23.10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    edited March 7
    Options

Ahh.. I see option to turn it off for all sites in the plugin settings.. should work in the interim :)

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @adfhogan! 👋

I'm happy that you were able to find the option to turn off automatic sign in. This is a new feature that we're currently testing in the beta version of 1Password in the browser:

1Password will now automatically sign you in when you choose a Login item to fill. You can manage this feature in Settings > “Autofill & save”.

I can let the team know that this feature can cause issues with signing into OPNsense since that service requires more than just the password. Could you send the page structure of the login page in question to our support team? Follow these steps:

1. Open the website in question until you can see the search field that you're referring to.
    2. Right-click on the page and click "1Password - Password Manager" > Help > Collect Page Structure.

Attach the resulting JSON file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member
    edited March 10
    Options

Thanks, @Dave_1P .. That's been sent.

ID: SAV-16774-424