1Password for Chrome is crashing

Options
fabiboi
fabiboi
Community Member
edited March 8 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

Since March 6th, update 2.21.0, the 1Password extension for chrome has stopped completely working and keeps crashing whenever you try to reload it. Is there a fix coming for this or any way to revert to an old update?

more details: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/reviews

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS v14.2.1
Browser: 119.0.6045.105

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @fabiboi! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing when you try to use it in Chrome. It looks like you're running a slightly older version of both macOS and Chrome, as a first step can you update both to the latest versions:

If you're still seeing the crash after you've updated then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• JENZ
    JENZ
    Community Member
    Options

Having what sounds like the same issue. Also start about a week ago.

macOS 14.3.1
    Chrome 118.0.5993.88 (Official Build) (arm64)
    1Password for Mac 8.10.27 (81027003)

I see Chrome is older than version OP is using. I tried updating and it's failing (error 12). So I am going to reinstall a fresh copy. Will report here if that resolves the 1Password issue.

I am adding this to this thread in case it's the same issue and same fix. If it's not, I'll start a new thread. I've also started a support ticket.

• JENZ
    JENZ
    Community Member
    Options

In my instance, updating Chrome (I had to do it be installing a fresh download of Chrome, as the updater was failing, which is how it got so behind in versions), and this resolved the issue.

I share this for others having the same issue, in case OP never replies to this thread,

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thank you for sharing @JENZ

• Alejongo
    Alejongo
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P The same problem. I Think is not problem about MacOS version. Is a compatibility problem with Chrome.

MacOS: 13.0.1
    Chrome Version: Version 119.0.6045.159 (Official Build) (arm64)

I downloaded 1Password APP and the Autofill doesn't work. The Killer feature and the UX using 1Password had been destroyed.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Alejongo

I'm sorry that you're running into issues when using 1Password in Chrome. This thread is discussing an issue where the 1Password extension is crashing when using Chrome, is that what you're seeing on your Mac? If not then can you tell me more about the issue that you're seeing? Are you using the browser extension or Universal Autofill to fill your logins?

I see that you're using older versions of both macOS and Chrome, the latest version of macOS Venture is 13.6.5 and the latest version of Chrome is 123.0.6312.59. I recommend that, as a start, you update both:

If you still see the issue after updating then let me know.

-Dave

• Alejongo
    Alejongo
    Community Member
    Options

Tks @Dave_1P I get the same problem in chrome I really loved 1P in chrome. Here is a screeshot.

PD: using Universal Autofill it doesn't work too. Now I Have to shift + c, to copy username.... Shift + cmd + c to copy the password.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Alejongo

Thank you for the reply, can you confirm that you've updated Chrome and that you're now running version 123.0.6312.59?

We can continue troubleshooting once I hear back from you. 🙂

-Dave