Accounts and Vaults Not Working in Safari

Options

Hi. I've consistently had this problem for about a year now since updating to the newest 1P. 1P continues to autofill from all of my vaults instead of the one I've selected in 1P browser extension settings (Choosing the 1P icon in my Safari toolbar and then choosing settings). Seems like most people have the opposite problem and are getting only one vault showing. But that's what I would like vs. having to go through all of my family's passwords.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.3.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

Also, every time I click the 1P icon in the Safari toolbar, it defaults to all vaults. So, each time I have to go up and choose my vault (actually, it's a collection which is just my one vault). I'm guessing this is all related. In 1P itself I have chosen that collection. But 1P keeps going back to selecting all vaults. Thx.

• EvonG1P
    edited March 25
    Options

Hello @bayoyong, thank you for writing in.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Is 1Password in the browser offering suggestions to autofill on websites below the fields even when the vaults are not selected/enabled?

When 1Password in the browser opens, in the settings, it can be set to open to one of three options. All vaults, Suggestions, and Favourites. Which one of these options is set in the 1Password browser settings?

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. In the Appearance section, which option is set beside "Open 1Password to"?

Is 1Password in the browser not respecting the above option?

-Evon

[Edited for clarity]

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

TY! It's set to Suggestions.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @bayoyong, thanks for getting back to me.

On websites where you have a Login item saved, does 1Password for Safari show "All Items" in the extension pop-over even when the "Suggestions" option is selected in the settings?

-Evon

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

No, it correctly goes to suggestions..but I still have to go up and select just the vault I want.

• EvonG1P
    Options

@bayoyong,

When you turn off a vault(s) in the extension's settings page, it will no longer show any of its contents when you're on the "All Accounts" view, and it will no longer show suggestions from within that vault when you try to autofill, but it will still appear in the view selector. If you select that particular vault, you'll see its contents in the extension's pop-over.

The best way to Autofill with 1Password in the browser is from the Inline menu, and the Inline menu suggestion would only appear from the selected vaults in the 1Password extension settings.

Are you getting autofill suggestions of items in the Inline menu that are found in the vault you disabled when you visit websites? Here's a screenshot for reference of the Inline menu:

-Evon

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

No, the inline menu just shows the selected vaults. Ok, well, add that as a feature request. I'm not sure the point of collections then. I thought it was to turn on/off and make visible/invisible certain vaults when you have a collection selected.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @bayoyong, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'll be happy to create a feature request on your behalf for our product team. Just so I get more information, are you referring to the Collections you've set in the 1Password desktop app? Are you looking to add/view your Collections in 1Password in the browser?

I look forward to hearing back.

-Evon

• bayoyong
    bayoyong
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, pls. It's kind of a pain to have to keep selecting my own vault each time.

• EvonG1P
    Options

I'm sorry for the disruption, @bayoyong. While I can't make any promises, I've shared your feedback with our product team to add the Collections feature to 1Password in the browser.

Thank you again! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

-Evon

ref: PB-39242681