Constantly Being Asked to Unlock with Password

Options

1Password in the Browser, both in Safari and Chrome never allow me to use Touch ID. And despite having 1Password app unlocked, it still will be locked in the browser, requiring my password.
Other members of my family group also have this same issue.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.20.0
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Safari, Arc, Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @notnotjake! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. Are you still able to unlock the desktop app using Touch ID? If you are then it sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that doesn't work, or if Touch ID isn't working for the desktop app either, then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave

• notnotjake
    notnotjake
    Community Member
    Options

This gets it to work, but it stops working again after a few hours/days. Eventually it always goes back to not working. The web extensions are laughably bad at this point. This has been going on for months. They either won't fill, wont' unlock, or just plain won't do anything (even clicking extension icon). It's so bad

• Dave_1P
    Options

@notnotjake

That definitely isn't right and I'd like to investigate this further so that we can get this resolved. The next time that the issue occurs, please send in the following:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave