Where is create password?

Tmod
Tmod
Community Member

I have just transferred over from a different password program and recently noticed that if the password box when creating a new login does not populate with 1password then there is no way to select a password for the login.
Others which include Nordpass, Bitwarden and Proton pass all have the ability to create a password from the menu selection.
Am I missing something here? I have the desktop version installed and of course the extensions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Tmod! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! If you're using 1Password in the browser then you can generate a custom password by following the steps in this guide: Get to know 1Password in your browser

The steps in the guide will allow you to use the standalone password generator:

if the password box when creating a new login does not populate with 1password

1Password should suggest a password when you click on the password field on a website. Is there a specific webpage where this isn't happening? If you tell me the website address then I can take a look and file an issue with our development team to get this fixed. 🙂

-Dave