Feature Request - Prevent credit card item from autofilling in browser?

Options
IMB
IMB
Community Member
edited March 13 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a number of credit/debit cards in my vault, either that are only used with a specific vendor or that are rarely used. As such, they are never useful to have in the browser autofill list that 1Password provides and provide an opportunity to fill the wrong information. Is there a way that Credit Card items can have an Autofill Behavior function added similar to individual website URLs on Login items?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 10 22H2
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @IMB! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! I can certainly pass your request along to the team but I did want to first mention the option of moving those credit cards to another vault and then hiding that vault from 1Password in the browser so that you no longer see those credit cards being suggested. You can follow these steps:

1. Create a new vault for your credit cards.
    2. Move the credit cards that you don't want to see suggested to the new vault.
    3. Open your browser.
    4. Click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    5. Click Account & vaults.
    6. Turn off the newly created vault.

Let me know if that would work for your use case. 🙂

-Dave

• IMB
    IMB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

I hadn’t thought of using a separate vault -that would definitely solve my use case!

I’m not sure how a new user would figure that out, so my feedback could then become a KB article rather than a code change. Without understanding 1P’s documentation standards, there would need to be some thought into how to present your suggestion, but my starting point was Google followed by the forums here, so a section about preventing autofill for items other than passwords would likely do the trick, even if it was bundled into a page for “advanced” use cases.

Thanks,
    IMB

• Dave_1P
    Options

@IMB

I'm happy that the suggestion helps. I'll pass along your feedback regarding adding this to our documentation to the team. 🙂

-Dave