Password Items in Windows Client

ewaddell
ewaddell
Community Member

I've created a new password item for passwords not associated with web logins. If I enter a password in the default "password" field and then change it, I'm then able to "View Password History".

However, if I "add another field" and choose "password", then the "View Password History" doesn't show up no matter how many times I change the field.

I can login to the web and see the full password history of those fields, but they don't show up in the Windows client. Is this a missing feature, or am I missing something.

This would be helpful when I'm in the process of changing passwords on various devices but haven't changed the password yet on all devices. On devices where the password hasn't been updated to the new password, I can "View Password History" and choose the old password.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ewaddell! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! Currently, only the default password field in an item shows a password history. Additional password fields that you add to an item will not.

However you can still restore a previous version of the item by using item history from 1Password.com: View and restore previous versions of items

I've let the team know that you would like to see all password fields support password history in the future. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19939