1PW won't let me log in under second (non-organizer) account

Options
daegu4u
daegu4u
Community Member
edited March 19 in Families

Hi! My 1PW for Families account has two users: me and my mom. I am the organizer, and she has a separate vault under her name. I got my mom a new Mac Mini and upon trying to log in, I found that 1PW won't allow me to log into HER account. What happens is, at the login screen, I have 2 options:
1) (My name's) family
2) My mom's OLD 1PW account under an email she no longer uses—I can't figure out how to remove this account, which has been deactivated. It doesn't make any sense to me why this really old account is even still shown; it is not the one that has her passwords in it.

If I select #1 above, then I am only able to log in with MY credentials and not hers. This means that when she uses 1PW, my passwords are mixed in with hers, which we don't like. This is a separate issue—my passwords have always been in a Private vault that the settings say she doesn't have access to, but my pws have always been commingled with hers. Another issue is that her 1PW isn't linked to her master password; it's linked to mine, which is also very much not what we want.

If I select #2 above, I'm able to log into the useless old account that no longer has passwords in it.

If I click "Sign in with a different account," and select "Sign in on 1Password.com," I'm taken to a screen saying "Choose an account to add to 1Password" and it only shows "(my name's) Family. When I click that, it boots me back into the app and I'm met with the same broken flow as above.

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• daegu4u
    daegu4u
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind—I followed the account recovery steps and everything is fixed now!

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm glad you could find a solution @daegu4u Let us know if you need us. :)