Roadmap for passkey function's

Options

The title says it all. While I am aware that exact dates are usually not disclosed, a rough indication of the month / quarters in which certain features are planned would be truly beneficial.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @millertime! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. We don't have a public roadmap and we tend to keep things pretty close to the chest so that we avoid disappointing folks if certain features are delayed or cancelled.

You can find the announcement post for the public passkey unlock beta here: Unlock 1Password With a Passkey: Now in Beta

Are there any specific passkey unlock features that you're hoping to see be introduced to 1Password in the future? I can let the team know that you're eager to see them. 🙂

-Dave

• reinhard76
    reinhard76
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dave_1P

Is it cancelled?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@reinhard76

Thank you for the ping. Can you clarify your question a little further? Passkey unlock for 1Password is available through our public beta which you can join if you wish:

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• 9elsen
    9elsen
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for jumping in @Dave_1P and @reinhard76, but I have a question. Will the "unlock with passskey" ever launch, this has been talked about for almost a year.
    You do not want to share any timeline, fair. Could you instead share a little insight into what is taking so long, what is the trouble about? Complexity in implementation, missing support on devices, migration for current customers, or?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@9elsen

Thank you for the question! The team wants to make sure that the passkey unlock experience is intuitive and without issues since it's a big change to how folks unlock 1Password. It's important that both passkey unlock, and supporting features like recovery codes, are polished and easy to use.

We're just as excited to see passkey unlock be released as you are but we want to make sure that the feature is fully baked before release and our ongoing public beta period ensures that passkey unlock will be easy to use and without issues even for customers who aren't tech-savvy when it is released. 🙂

-Dave

• 9elsen
    9elsen
    Community Member
    edited May 1
    Options

Thanks for the answer @Dave_1P, so the feature is coming sooner or later - that is still the message. I have not heard about other vendors that have made this easy to use across any device yet, so hoping that you will crack it :-)

• Dave_1P
    edited May 3
    Options

Thanks again for the follow up. More news to come in the future! 🙂

-Dave