Editing an Item opens previously Edited item on Mac

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS: Tapping edit on an item will open a previously edited item in certain cases.

Comments

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

Also getting this issue almost daily on iOS. It’s also happening to me on the macOS client.

• eli.s_1P
    Options

Hello @gussic,

I'm sorry that you're seeing the wrong item being opened on both your iOS device and Mac. Our development team is currently working to resolve the issue in iOS where tapping edit opens a previously selected item, as this has been reported by several users. While I do not have any timetable for any potential implementation, our team really appreciates you taking the time to share your feedback on the issue.

However, the issue is limited to iOS, and it shouldn't be affecting your Mac device. I've split your post into a new thread so that I can investigate the issue that you're seeing on your Mac in greater detail. To confirm, is this happening with all items at all times on your Mac, or does it appear to only be affecting some items after a reboot, shutting 1Password down, or after the device goes to sleep?

I look forward to hearing more from you so I can investigate this further.

-Eli
    ref: dev/core/core#20148

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gussic

Our developers have released an update to 1Password that includes a fix for the issue where a previously edited item would sometimes show up when you tried to edit a different item using 1Password for iOS. Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.28:

You might see the issue a couple more times after updating as existing drafts are cleared out from the app, this is a data loss prevention measure. Thank you for your patience while our developers worked to resolve the issue. If you still see the issue with version 8.10.28 then let me know and I'll be here to help.

-Dave

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @eli.s_1P

Apologies for the delayed response - the issue sort of seemed to go away on Mac ... it just stopped happening. Cheers

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm glad that everything is working now. 🙂

-Dave