sign in with apple doesn't work

Options
bilan
bilan
Community Member
edited March 20 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I have several websites I log into with "Sign in with Apple'. In fact, each time a website proposes this way, I choose it.
But 1p does not offer to save this site with this method. No popup appears. What can I do to force it? Is it possible to manually create the site in my 1p?

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    Options

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    Options

I found out how to create it manually.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @bilan, thank you so much for writing in. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to create the Login item manually to sign in with an Apple account. You mentioned:

1p does not offer to save this site with this method. No popup appears.

Can you please share the website URL when 1Password in the browser does not offer to save the Social Sign-On Login?

I look forward to your reply.

-Evon

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    Options

I think this one https://fusionmarkets.com

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey, @bilan. Thank you for getting back to me.

I've done some testing on my end but haven't been able to recreate the same behaviour. After I clicked the "Sign up with Apple" button and signed in to my Apple account, 1Password in the browser prompted me to save the Login:

I navigated back to the login page and 1Password in the browser prompted me to sign in with the Apple account:

Can you please walk me through the steps you took to save the Apple Login on this website?

-Evon

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    edited April 14
    Options

Hello,

Now that I hv an account on this website, I click on Sign in:

And then it asks me my Apple (macOS) password and voila, Im connected.

But 1password never shows up even though the site is saved:

(Rmq: Sorry for the size of the images, I don't know why it's so big)
    (If I click on Sign up as if I would like to create a new account, it's the same. Apple asks me my macOS user password, but 1P does not shows up.

• TimG1P
    Options

Hi @bilan

I've noticed that you're using Safari as your browser and after conducting a few tests, I discovered that when selecting to "Sign-in with Apple ID" on any website using Safari will prompt an Apple ID sign in via macOS even if 1Password is installed in the browser. I believe this may be related to how "Apple ID" sign-in requests are handled in Safari, which may prevent 1Password from presenting and using the corresponding suggestions. I've filed a report with the Development team to see if there are any improvements that can be made on our end regarding this behaviour.

I'd also like to note that using a browser other than Safari, such as Google Chrome yields expected results and 1Password can be used to sign-in with an Apple ID on https://fusionmarkets.com/. Let me know if you have the chance to give this a try on your own Mac and whether you're able to sign in with your Apple ID using 1Password as expected.

ref: dev/core/core#29045