Safari extension stopps working

Options
e38383
e38383
Community Member
edited March 21 in 1Password in the Browser

I always need to restart Safari to get the extension to work again. This happens multiple times a day, but is not linked to a specific event like sleep/wake or inactivity.

It seems to happen more often with different profiles, but it also happens within the same profile.

The result is otoh always the same: I can't seem to be able to unlock 1Password, neither from an input field nor from the extension itself.

It doesn't matter if the 1Password app itself is started or only the menu bar app.

1Password Version: 8.10.27
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Safari 17.4

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @e38383! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari stops working on your Mac. Our developers are investigating a few known issue with the extension for Safari. So that I can determine whether you're affected by one of these issue, and let you know if there are any fixes or workarounds currently available, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• e38383
    e38383
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the issue again and tried to describe the steps as detailed as possible:

• Safari was running over night, according to ps I started it yesterday at 8pm and it's now 4pm the next day.
    • I opened a new window with another profile via keyboard shortcut (cmd-shift-2).
    • I clicked on a bookmarked link.
    • I clicked on "1Password entsperren" (should be "unlock 1Password" in english).
    • The Touch ID screen popped up, I authed via touch id.
    • Nothing happened anymore. More clicks on "unlock" do nothing.

I provided the console log and some additional info via mail:
    Your support ticket ID is AFE-96931-269.

// Uwe

• Dave_1P
    Options

@e38383

Thank you for those details! I've located your console log and one of my colleagues will reach out to you as soon as they've reviewed the log. Please continue the conversation there.

Since we have a communications channel open via email now, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: AFE-96931-269

This discussion has been closed.