Unlocking via clicking small 1Password icon in form fields

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member
edited March 26 in 1Password in the Browser

I am using macOS 14.4, Safari, and always the latest 1Password on beta channel (currently 1Password for Mac 8.10.30 (81030001)) and latest available Safari 1Password extension.

It used to be I never clicked the small 1Password icon in form fields because it dropped down a 1Password login window asking for my 1Password password. I found this annoying as I'd rather unlock 1Password like I do elsewhere using biometrics/fingerprint on my Mac.

Recently I clicked this small icon in a form field and got the fingerprint unlock dialog and was excited, but since then I seem to get that fingerprint login only sporadically and usually get the "type your password in" dialog instead.

Is there some way to always get the fingerprint login when accessing 1Password via this method?

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: 14.4
Browser: Safari

Comments

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited March 20
    Options

After unlocking 1Password via the 1Password icon in a form field, what is the intended flow?

Most often, when I click it and unlock 1Password, nothing happens. I don't think that is what is intended. :D

If I wait upwards of 30 seconds I may or may not get a drop down list of suggested form fill options. I would expect this list to populate quickly and always, but it seems to happen sporadically for me.

I seem to remember a time when, having this drop down list of fill in options for a form, I could type in the form field to further refine the options, which I felt was a great feature. In recent time, however, nothing happens when I type in the field to try to refine the list of preferred login items.

I generally don't even use this method of accessing 1Password as it seems to work so erratically in my case. This has been happening long enough for me (since v8 I think) I rarely try to use and stick with UAF, but it'd be nice to have this work more reliably.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure how the first comment here is another post of mine, but please ignore it. I'll move it to a new, separate post.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

After unlocking 1Password via the 1Password icon in a form field, what is the intended flow?

Most often, when I click it and unlock 1Password, nothing happens. I don't think that is what is intended. :D

If I wait upwards of 30 seconds I may or may not get a drop down list of suggested form fill options. I would expect this list to populate quickly and always, but it seems to happen sporadically for me.

I seem to remember a time when, having this drop down list of fill in options for a form, I could type in the form field to further refine the options, which I felt was a great feature. In recent time, however, nothing happens when I type in the field to try to refine the list of preferred login items.

I generally don't even use this method of accessing 1Password as it seems to work so erratically in my case. This has been happening long enough for me (since v8 I think) I rarely try to use and stick with UAF, but it'd be nice to have this work more reliably.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @wagnerone, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the disruption.

Based on what you shared, it sounds like 1Password for Safari is not communicating as we'd expect with the 1Password desktop app. So that I can take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

1. First, please recreate the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Then save a console log for 1Password in the browser using the steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    4. Attach both files to your next reply.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited March 22
    Options

@EvonG1P Can you help me understand how 2x now a separate discussion I created ended up as comments in this discussion?

The first post in this discussion goes with this discussion. The 2nd one was a new discussion about a different problem with a different title.

When that was a mystery to me I posted again in this discussion that I'd recreate it as a different discussion, but that attempt to create a new discussion also ended up as a comment on this discussion.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@wagnerone

I'm sorry for the confusion. Both of the issues that you've reported, the lack of Touch ID availability in the browser and the delay before you see a list of suggestion in the inline filling menu, can be caused by an issue with how the browser extension and the desktop app communicate.

Your posts were merged so that the team could keep the discussion in the same place since we would need to request the same files for both issues in order to investigate further. Having just one thread helps to reduce the back and forth.

If you send in the logs that my colleague requested, the support team can investigate further. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

I wondered if that was it, but didn't want to assume I hadn't done something to screw up the posting. I figured after the 2nd time whomever merged it would have said something since I had already posted I didn't know what had happened. Will get the requested info sent in. Thanks.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @EvonG1P,

Here is my BitBot Support ID -> AMT-22116-371

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @wagnerone, thank you for getting back to me. I sincerely apologize for not mentioning that I merged the two threads.

I've located your support ticket, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible about this issue. Let's continue the conversation there, I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

-Evon

ref: AMT-22116-371

This discussion has been closed.