Auto-update passwords when changing them on a site

Options
jjgfromnj
jjgfromnj
Community Member
edited March 21 in 1Password in the Browser

I am switching from Roboform, and I can't seem to find 2 features in that package. Do these exist in 1P?
1) When signing up on a web site, if the URL was new to Roboform it would just prompt to save, I didn't have to manually click a save button
2) If I change a password on a site in Roboform, RF realizes that and offers to update the saved login. Does 1P do this at all?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @jjgfromnj, thank you for writing in and welcome to 1Password!

If you're signing up on a website and used 1Password in the browser to generate a new password, a save dialogue pop-up should appear to save the new Login item. Here's a screenshot for reference:

We've recently added the auto-save feature to the beta version of 1Password in the browser. If you register a new account on a new website without using 1Password in the browser to generate a password or sign in to a pre-existing login that was not saved in your vault, 1Password in the browser will offer to save the Login item after the information has been submitted. The Auto-save beta feature also includes if you manually type in a new password on a change/update password page.

Once we've finished testing this new feature, hopefully, it will make it to the stable version soon. In the meantime, the best way to save a Login item is using the save prompt. Here's more information if you're interested -> Save and fill passwords in your browser.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Evon