Feature Improvement: Clear the title field when adding a new Login item

Options
Huuuze
Huuuze
Community Member

I have a feature improvement request to address an annoying behavior in the iOS app. Here are the steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Click the "+" symbol in the top right.
  2. Select Login.
  3. The title field for the entry includes the word "Login". As a result, users are forced to delete the word "Login" every time they need to create a new Login item.

This behavior is unnecessary and inconsistent with the app design. Fields like "username" and "password" have appropriate labels, providing a visual queue to the user. The title field lacks a label, instead using the word "Login" as a placeholder. Simply add a label to the field and then leave it blank -- the user can then type in the Login title as required.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.4
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• jdharper
    jdharper
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here! This has always bugged me.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Huuuze and @jdharper! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thank you for the feedback! I believe that a lot of people quickly save items without necessarily giving them a title right away and the default title is added so that folks don't end up with an item list full of items with no titles. That being said, while I can't make any promises, I've shared your requests with our product team and they'll consider changing/improving this behaviour as they are planning future updates to 1Password.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-38911274
    ref: PB-38911232

• Huuuze
    Huuuze
    Community Member
    edited March 21
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P. However, I'm not sure that makes much sense. As described, this is the supported user behavior:

1. User quickly adds a Login record, without changing the title.
    2. User later returns to update the record since they now have multiple records called "Login".
    3. User is required to delete the default word, "Login", to enter the proper name.

As such, you're frustrating both sets of users. The pattern is upsetting to users that would prefer to set the correct title when entering a new Login record and the users that quickly add Login records, only to be faced with the same frustrating pattern when they return later to update it.

I'd ask the product manager to consider adding a user setting to support the request rather than include a frustrating design pattern.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Huuuze

Thank you for the detailed reply. I've passed your feedback and request along to the team. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave