CVS Caremark (Aetna)

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member
edited April 24 in 1Password in the Browser

Unlike other 1PW for Mac login items for websites that support passkeys, the 1PW login for CVS Caremark does not show the "passkey" field that is populated with the creation date. I did, in fact, create a passkey for CVS Caremark.

Comments

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I see that I posted in the Android section. Should be macOS. Sorry about that.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jmb679! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when saving a passkey for CVS. According to passkeys.directory, passkeys for CVS.com are currently incompatible with third-party managers like 1Password: https://passkeys.directory/details/cvs/

Can you check to see if you saved the passkey in iCloud Keychain or another platform provider? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I saved the passkey in Keychain.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jmb679

Thanks for confirming that. Hopefully you'll be able to save your passkey for CVS in 1Password in the future. For the time being, you can continue to save your password for CVS in 1Password and use that to login.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    edited April 24
    Options

Am I correct that CVS Caremark should be compatible with 1PW? If yes, then I am having a problem enabling a passkey.

g a

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

CVS.com is compatible.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jmb679

Thank you for reaching out. The passkeys.directory page for caremark.com is here and it looks like that website should support saving passkeys in 1Password even though CVS.com does not: Passkeys.directory

You said that you previously saved a passkey for caremark.com in iCloud Keychain. Did you remove that passkey from both caremark.com and iCloud Keychain and did you try to save a passkey using 1Password? You can find our guide on how to save a passkey here: Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser

Can you tell me a little more about where you're running into an issue? Do you see an error message?

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted all Keychain passwords and passkeys and toggled off Keychain. I created and I can use a passkey for CVS.com using 1PW. CVS Caremark is the problem right now. I will try CVS Caremark again and get back to ASAP.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Using Chrome, I was presented with an option to "Sign in and enroll". Using Safari, I needed to scan a QR code with my iPhone. Caremark support was of little help.

In both cases, still getting "We were not able to collect your passkey."

• Dave_1P
    edited April 25
    Options

@jmb679

Thank you for the detailed reply. Let's focus on the situation in Chrome first. As a first step, please make sure that you have 1Password installed in Chrome: Get to know 1Password in your browser

Then, try to save your passkey again on Caremark's website: Sign in - Caremark

If that still doesn't work then I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue in Chrome:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo. I added the 1PW extension into Chrome and the passkey now appears in the 1PW Login item for CVS Caremark. Thank you.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jmb679

Thanks for the update, I'm happy that you were able to save your passkey in 1Password. Are you now able to sign in using that passkey in both Chrome and Safari?

Let me know if you're still seeing any issues in either browser. 🙂

-Dave

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both Chrome and Safari.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy that passkeys are working in both browsers for you now. 🙂

-Dave