Follow up - 2FA Code on TPLink Cloud does not populate properly

Options

Any update on this issue? It's been a while and it's still a frustrating issue. It's also an issue in the Omada iOS app (which looks like it uses the same web view).

https://1password.community/discussion/131889/2fa-code-on-tplink-cloud-does-not-populate-properly

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.0
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• lukeabell
    lukeabell
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P Any update here?

• TimG1P
    Options

Hi @lukeabell

Our Development team are currently still investigating the issue where all 6 digits of a one-time password is filled in the field for the first digit on omada.tplinkcloud.com and I'm afraid I don't have any updates to provide at the moment. While I don't have a timeline to share, I recommend keeping 1Password up to date and occasionally checking our releases page in anticipation:

I’m sorry that you’re also seeing issues when signing into the Omada iOS app, filling is handled differently in iOS apps than it is in the browser and I’d like to discuss this separately. Filling logins into iOS apps is handled by Password AutoFill, which is managed by iOS itself and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. Due to its limitations it's not possible to automatically fill one-time passwords the same way as 1Password in the browser.

You can fill one-time passwords in iOS apps by setting 1Password to automatically copy the corresponding one-time password to the clipboard when a login is filled into the app:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings.
    - If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.
    3. Tap AutoFill, then turn on Copy One-Time Passwords.

Once the above setting is enabled, when using Password AutoFill to fill a login you will see a notification toast indicating that a one-time password was copied to clipboard, which you can then paste into the app.

ref: dev/core/core#20750