Wrong item opens when edit login

Options
MGOBLUE
MGOBLUE
Community Member

When selecting edit in a log-in item, the wrong item opens. The item that opens appears to be random. Once I close the item, it brings me back to the original item I desired to edit. Then if I select edit again, it goes to the edit item finally that o originally tried to edit.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member
    Options

Bump?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MGOBLUE!

I'm sorry that you're seeing the wrong item open when editing using 1Password for iOS. Our developers recently included a fix in the latest version of 1Password. I see that you're already running this version and it's possible that you might just need to clear a couple of stuck drafts. When you see the wrong item open, tap on Cancel and then tap on Discard Changes.

If you continue to see the wrong item being opened for editing when using 1Password for iOS then are you able to share steps that I can follow to reproduce the issue on my end? For example, does the wrong draft appear automatically when you first open the 1Password app? Or do you see the wrong draft only when you deliberately edit a different item?

This information will allow me to confirm whether you're running into a different issue and to investigate this further on my end.

-Dave

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. At this point, there appears to be a new issue, which is that the draft of one item continues to open up when I open the app. I have to discard changes before I can access the vault. Is this know issue being worked on or is there a solution?

I don’t appear to have the original issue anymore after the update.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@MGOBLUE

Thank you for the reply. It does sound like you're running into a different issue that our developers are also investigating and that a fix is not available for yet. The next time that you run into the issue can you try these steps as a workaround:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

The results will tell me more about the situation so that I can advise further. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member
    Options

After closing the app about four or five times, it stopped coming up. Thanks.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@MGOBLUE

I'm happy that you're not seeing the issue anymore. 🙂

-Dave