Touch ID not working Google Chrome (works on Safari)

Options

Hi all,

Touch ID is not working on Google Chrome, however it works fine on Safari.

I've gone through all settings and can't work out how to fix the issue. Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Thank you

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800001)
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Apple M1 MacOS14.3.1 (23D60)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @lightcam, thank you for writing in.

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't working properly with your browser. It sounds like communication between 1Password in the browser and the 1Password for Mac app is not working as expected.

I noticed the version of 1Password installed on your device is not up to date. Does updating the 1Password desktop app improve the behaviour?

Additionally, I'd like to mention that 1Password 7 is no longer officially supported. If updating doesn't fix the issue then I recommend upgrading to 1Password 8 since that is the latest version: Upgrade to 1Password 8.

Let me know how that goes.

-Evon

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P , thanks for the reply.

With my version of 1Password, there's no way to update, I've searched within the software.

I'll definitely upgrade to version 8, I didn't know version 8 was there; I certainly wasn't notified.

Cheers Evon

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P ,
    I'm getting error messages when trying to upgrade. I downloaded version 8 and opened it. The software is telling me to update version 7 before moving to version 8... and also telling me to log out of 1Password, which is already closed (and quit).

I'm not sure what to do next???

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member
    Options

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey there @lightcam, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Do you have a licensed version of 1Password 7 or a 1Password membership? If you sign in to https://my.1password.com, do you see all your items there?

-Evon

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have both. I definitely have a membership and all my items are there. However I do want to keep my 1Password desktop logins etc on my macbook air.

• lightcam
    lightcam
    Community Member
    Options

I got it sorted with help from 1Password Support.

Many thanks @EvonG1P

• EvonG1P
    Options

You're welcome, @lightcam. That's great to hear! I'm glad that it's sorted out.

Let us know if we can assist you further. 🙂

-Evon