Chrome Extension - Blacklist Autofill for Domain

Options
chazbot7
chazbot7
Community Member

1Password incorrectly identifies a number of fields in one of our company's web platforms as fillable. This constantly gets in the way of my job - I can't see the whole field because of the icon, I can't arrow down to get to the end of the text, etc. I use the Right Click > Hide on this page option frequently, but it has to be redone every time a new page is opened.

Please add the ability to blacklist a domain so the extension does not show up in any fields.

I'm about ready to ditch 1Password because this is so infuriating on a daily basis.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• JonM1PW
    Options

Hey @chazbot7,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Autofill.

Our development team can help to update 1Passwords' Autofill feature to more accurately make suggestions for your company's web platform. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the page, showing the incorrect suggestions? I'd like to get a clearer idea of what you're seeing so I can provide the most accurate advice.

If needed, would you be willing to capture the page structure of the specific websites you're having issues with? This will help give the development team more insight into how the page is designed so they can work on making sure Autofill works as it should. If you are willing, I can send you instructions on how to capture this information and send it to the team.

I've also submitted a feature request to the Product team for your request to block specific domains when using autofill. I'm unable to say if, or when, this functionality will be available, but the team is aware of your interest.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Jon

ref: 39017115

• chazbot7
    chazbot7
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the screenshot - just one example. The field is "Name" which is why it's coming up with a suggestion (wants to fill in my name), but the true use of the field is a product name, not a person.

This is the page HTML for that field:

<div class="form-group">
        <label for="ctl00_ctl00_mainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_txtItemName" id="ctl00_ctl00_mainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_lblItemName" class="col-sm-3 control-label required">Name:</label>
        <div class="col-sm-9">
            <input name="ctl00$ctl00$mainContent$ContentPlaceHolder1$txtItemName" type="text" value="" maxlength="300" id="ctl00_ctl00_mainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_txtItemName" class="form-control invalid-control">
            <span id="ctl00_ctl00_mainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_rfvItemName" style="display:none;"></span>
        </div>
    </div>

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @chazbot7, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is incorrectly suggesting the Identity item.

So that I can report this to our development team, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email please include:

1. Navigate to the page exhibiting the behaviour.
    2. Right-click the problematic field and select 1Password > Help > Collect Page Structure.
    3. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    4. Attach the file to your email.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Evon

• chazbot7
    chazbot7
    Community Member
    Options

KNN-95548-899

• Dave_1P
    Options

@chazbot7

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as possible.

Since we have a communications channel now open over email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: KNN-95548-899

This discussion has been closed.