Getting a RequestDelegatedSession error in op CLI when 1Password is offline

Options
seafoxx
seafoxx
Community Member

As a follow up to the Discussion from 2023/06
https://1password.community/discussion/140510/i-cannot-connect-to-1password-app-from-cli-even-though-it-worked-well-before

I get the same Error, which I expect is caused by the "offline" situation of my 1Password app.
➜ ~ op read 'op://Work/mysecret'
8:44AM | DEBUG | Session delegation enabled
8:44AM | DEBUG | NM request: NmRequestAccounts
8:44AM | DEBUG | NM response: Success
8:44AM | DEBUG | account not signed in, filter= latest_signin_user=
8:44AM | DEBUG | NM request: NmRequestAuthorization
8:44AM | DEBUG | NM request: NmRequestDelegatedSession
8:45AM | DEBUG | NM response: Success
[ERROR] 2024/03/28 08:45:25 could not read secret op://Work/mysecret: error initializing client: RequestDelegatedSession: cannot setup session. Please check the logs of the 1Password app.

Question:
why does the 'op read' command require 'always on'? I did not find any Descriptions to that in the CLI documentation and would like to better understand this requirement.

Situation:
Working at a medium sized company (~ 400), required to use an Internet Proxy so rate limiting might be a problem in theory but 1Password is not an official tool in the Company so I do not expect rate limiting as a cause for the "offline" Situation of the 1Password App.
Sometimes it occurs that the 1Password app is not able to connect, even if I am online. The 1Password App logfile only these lines that are not that helpful:
ERROR 2024-03-28T07:55:34.701 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(5)) [1P:foundation/op-proxy/src/lib.rs:301] proxy test network connection failed: error sending request for url (<redacted URL>): operation timed out
ERROR 2024-03-28T07:55:34.701 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(5)) [1P:app/op-app/src/app/backend/proxy_authentication.rs:25] Network(Network(error sending request for url (<redacted URL>): operation timed out))

Additional remark:
ArunV1P commented the referenced discussion with "I'll raise it with the team to make sure this message gets improved" - which is not yet the case, so maybe take a look into that also.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: cli 2.23.0-beta.01
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Firefox