Help! 1PW Newbie using Mac

Options
RFahr
RFahr
Community Member

Hi. Followed all instructions for set up and I have an trial account. Questions:
(1) It looks like I have to sign into 1P every time I log into my Mac (correct? -- is there no way to have 1P unlocked at sign in? My master pw is very complex)
(2) Can 1P suggest passwords better than the ones I have for websites?
(3) It looks like I still have to save my personal passwords for each website just in case.
Any insight and answers appreciated. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@RFahr

Welcome to the family.

1. No, but you can use something like biometrics if your device supports it. Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac

2. Yes, allow 1Password to generate truly random passwords. It helps take the human equation out of the picture, so the randomness is true. Change your passwords to make them stronger

3. When I started all those years ago. I saved all of my current passwords and then use the steps in section two to change those to something more random. 1Password cannot function without it being the storehouse of your passwords.

Feel free to ask all you will. We all start in many different places, but the steps above will likely be good to get you going.

• RFahr
    RFahr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• ag_tommy
    Options

You're welcome.