To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Tell to 1pass i'm using physical or android passkey

Options
hinoto
hinoto
Community Member

Hey.
I'm new user to 1password (and i'm start to love it) but i have a question.
Watchtower tells me some website can use passkey. For some of them, i use Yubico (to name it) security keys, and other (less criticals) i use android passkey feature.
Some of website reported by watchtower doesn't have passkey registred indeed, i'll correct that later.

I already how to tell to 1pass that i'm using external 2FA (by adding) "2FA" tag on password entry, but i didn't find to do with passkey except manualy ignore.

I'm not bothered using tags, allowing me to track where i set 2FA and on what support (Yubikey, android app, etc) and i would like to do same with passkeys.

Is there any hidden tag i could use ?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@hinoto

There are no hidden tags for passkeys. I'd recommend checking the https://passkeys.directory/ for notes on any sites/apps you may have questions about.

• hinoto
    hinoto
    Community Member
    edited March 30
    Options

Hi.
    Thank for answering me.
    My question wasn't about what website use passkey and how to implement it, but how i can tell to 1password app that i'm using a physical key, so it's stop to advertise me on those websites.

Do you think this will be a supported feature in future ? I think it would be handy to use a simple tag on account register instead of going on each registered account and put them in disable notification for passkey availability when we use hardware passkey (or at least off 1password).

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2
    Options

@hinoto

As to the tag ability, I'm not sure. I'll make sure your feature request get's before the team.

ref: PB-39073401